For first-time mothers, morning sickness can be extremely draining and make it challenging to carry out their daily routine.
Unfortunately, there are no cures to morning sickness but there is one natural remedy for nausea that can be found, right in your kitchen – ginger. When consumed, ginger encourages the production of digestive enzymes that help to neutralize the stomach acid and prevent nausea.
Here are two ginger recipes for you to try!
Do you like eating ginger raw? Of course not.
Here comes these ginger candies, covered in sugar, kept in a jar for easy access. Yum!
– Granulated sugar
– Brown sugar
– Soft brown sugar
1. Remove the skin of the ginger and slice it into small pieces.
2. In a pot of water of about 500ml, leave the pieces of ginger to simmer for half an hour. Once done, switch off the fire.
3. Drain most of the liquid but save some in the pot! Leave some behind in the pot.
4. Add granulated white and brown sugar.
5. Switch the fire back on and stir until the sugar crystallises. Stop stirring once it becomes a sticky mixture.
6. Finally coat the ginger slices with the soft brown sugar.
7. Leave it to cool.
Most mothers have also claimed that frozen treats help to manage nausea.
Frozen treats are refreshing and will ensure that your stomach is never empty, preventing nausea.
And if you prefer other fruits to blueberry, you can use them too. Just grating some ginger into your recipe!
– Greek yogurt
– Freshly grated ginger
1. Blend the blueberries into a smoothie consistency.
2. Add honey to make it sweeter.
3. Add freshly grated ginger.
4. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
5. Leave them overnight to freeze.